Thursday, June 17, 2010

The storm

There she is in Daisy's big dish. She has to stand on the steps to eat from it. Notice that I have outsmarted her. I put her aluminum bowl, the one she doesn't like, in Daisy's bowl. As you can see she is eating away- none the wiser. Of course, Daisy is not all that thrilled with the set up but whatever works.

We had a couple accidents this evening, but they were not really Rosie's fault. The Saint Cloud area was under a tornado warning or watch or something this evening. The siren was going, the wind was blowing and at times the rain was pouring. Needless to say, I was not all that comfortable standing outside waiting for a puppy to piddle.

She did pass another important test today. The noises- the siren, the thunder, the wind- did not bother her. That is a relief. Nikki was afraid of thunderstorms. So afraid that one night she chewed through a heavy metal kennel. She lost a tooth that night. After that fun evening, we didn't try to kennel her during storms. She liked to find high places- usually Ron or my shoulders- and stand on them while she panted heavily, all seventy, slobbery pounds of her. If we weren't sitting down so she could stand on our shoulders she would teeter on the back of the couch. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Rosie does not develop Brontophobia. So far so good.


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear she isn't going to try to turn herself into a mink stole like Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I. I may be a Mamula but I am getting a little old to be carrying 70 pounds on my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete