Monday, June 21, 2010

Lazy Crazy Days of Summer

Daisy was enjoying the river so much that when we went to Petco to look dog travel equipment, we had to get Rosie a wading pool. She turned into a real "bunkin bronco." That's an inside joke. Nikki frequently turned into a bucking bronco and I mispronounced it once. My children have never let me forget my mistake. I don't even try to say it correctly anymore. I know I am going to get laughed at no matter what, so I just join in on the joke. Click on the video and see our "bunkin bronco."






We think that by the time she outgrows the pool she'll be ready for the river. She and Daisy will have a great time swimming together. I did not realize how lucky we were to find this pool until I googled a variety of topics - puppy pool, kiddie pool, hard plastic pool, etc. - I couldn't find anything like the pool we stumbled upon at Petco. It is not even on their website. I did find more than one website where other dog owners were inquiring about where to find f a plain jane plastic pool. That Rosie is sure a lucky dog.

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! And I love the end shot, where Daisy's sitting there calmly watching this crazy new kid and her antics. :)

    I'm tempted to get one for Winnie, but I don't know if she'd enjoy it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the part, near the end, when rosie's hind leg didn't make it out of the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy has been a great big sister. The other night Rosie was squealing and Daisy came right over to see what was wrong. She has also been trying to play with her. That is after she established her dominance by standing over Rosie. Rosie went absolutely limp.

    ReplyDelete