Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July


This is sweet, little Rosie around three o'clock this afternoon. Ron worked until 5:30 AM and he took this when he woke up around three. That is before I told him that I had to move his herb garden (in a pot) because she ate one of the basil plants this morning. Actually, the herbs used to sit right where she is laying in this picture.

After she ate the basil, she was pretty good today. It is hot and muggy here, so neither of the dogs feel much like playing until the sun is out of the back yard and it is shady.

The last few evenings I have been putting a leash on Rosie and taking her into the yard with Daisy and they play chase. The leash lets me catch her if she starts going somewhere she doesn't belong. This afternoon they were having a good game of chase and I was standing right in the middle of it. Daisy usually sets the boundaries and keeps Rosie in our yard.

Five minutes into the game something went awry. Rosie was in the neighbor's yard before I could get to her leash. I ran after her and grabbed the leash but not before she had some black thing in her mouth. EEEEE! I think it's a dead mouse - no it's a dead bird. Let me make it clear the bird was dead when she picked it up. The way she made a mad dash for it; I think she knew it was there all the time. I think she had been waiting all day to get that bird.

Once I had the leash, I led her up the hill, bird in mouth, then she dropped it. I had to get the poop scooper to pick it up. Trust me this is way outside my comfort zone. I let go of the leash - big mistake. While I was disposing of the bird, Rosie took off for the river. She was down the hill and into the water before I could stop her. The river is pretty high and moving pretty fast and she has a leash on her neck.

Although I was frantic, I carefully went down the hill, over the muddy bank, and down to the water in my sandals. Fortunately Daisy came with me and went out into the water to wrangle her back to shore. I did not have to go in the water, thank goodness. Rosie spent the rest of the afternoonon her chain.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY from out little firecracker, Rosie.

1 comment:

  1. just like ryan at the Babich pool. she's getting too big for her britches.

    ReplyDelete