Monday, July 5, 2010

Gullible

During our torrential downpour this evening, I was trying to keep the dogs entertained and watch a couple episodes of LOST Season 3. I gave them each a Natural PetStore rawhide flip chip. Daisy was finished with hers and Rosie had quite a bit of hers left. I put a Milk Bone treat in the large kong to keep Daisy occupied, so Rosie could continue to chew on her rawhide. Although Daisy is a great big sister, she is no dummy. She wanted another rawhide chip not the Milk Bone treat.

She took her Kong and laid it down right next to Rosie. She pretended to be really interested until she caught Rosie's attention. As soon as Rosie let go of the chip, Daisy lost all interest in the Kong. Rosie was left with an empty Kong and Daisy was gnawing on her second chip.

Watching them reminded me of what a gullible
little sister I was. My older brother who was a great older brother most of the time, liked to trick me like Daisy fooled Rosie. His most notorious con was the money con. If I had a dime, he would convince me that a nickel was bigger therefore worth more, or better still two pennies was worth more than one quarter. I would give him the quarter and he would give me thepennies. He was pretty happy until I told mom and he had to give back my quarter. I think I got to keep the pennies, too.

I did not make Daisy give the chip back. She finished it too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment