Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can't Buy me Love

The title of this blog lets you know what I am going to write about each day - spoiling a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Ron and I love to spoil our dogs. I don't mean make spoiled brats of them. We don't condone excessive barking, jumping on people, aggressive behavior and even though the vet doesn't know it, we don't encourage our puppies to chew on us.

What we do is pamper our dogs. We buy them silly toys- no clothing, take them to the vet for a hang claw, monitor their waste disposal, llet them on the furniture (I can't believe I just wrote that much less do it.) etc. The truth is that dogs like children can't be bought. No matter how many cute little toys we buy, Rosie prefers to play with things that we have put in the garbage. Watch her play with the empty milk bottle. She is running circles around Daisy.


She is soooo cute which why we love to spoil her.

2 comments:

  1. that really reminds me of how nikki played with lady. nikki would start in one room, lady would bark, nikki would run laps around lady and the dining room table until lady barked again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that energy kept Lady alive for at least six months. Daisy is young enough to play with Rosie and usually runs Rosie to exhaustion. I just don't think she gets the whole plastic bottle thing.

    ReplyDelete